Hello class!
This week we are writing about an artist or a
celebrity that you admire. An engaging topic where you can present your
personal likes regarding people you cherish and honour. You can include some of
his/her present and/or past work.
- Who he/she is. (Short biography).
- Where he/she has performed. (Examples of their work).
- Why you like her/him.
- Include his/her images, videos, album list or similar.
For the present task, you need to write 150 to 155 words. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the structures we have learned in previous lessons and all the English you know. DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY. Give it a crack and good luck on your task! :)
B. J. Thomas.
My dad used to have a remarkable LP disc collection. Among some that I remember the most is Mr. B. J. Thomas. Dad had his Songs and Christmas LP. All songs where very quiet and simply beautiful. Later in life, I had the chance to buy a disc on my own. One day, I went to our local Disc store 'O'Higgins' and bought a CD that happened to be 'on sale' so I paid a very affordable price.
This CD has been part of my personal collection ever since. His work is called 'Home where I belong' Which is a gospel-like featured. It contains 10 tunes where with a magnificent voice and a peaceful pace tells of his hopes and longing for a better future.
He was always ranked as a 'gentleman'. Many people recalls him as
a positive and attentive person. Many artists refer him as a 'really joyful and polite
singer'..'a real gent' some say other say.
He passed away last May 29th. I was really touched by the news but happy to know he went 'Home where he belongs'.
im sorry that he passed away, i hope that you can still enjoy his music, like you used to do with your dad
ReplyDeleteI felt sad when you said that he passed away and I didn't even listen to his music, so I imagine that for you was very sad because of all the good memories that his music brings to you
ReplyDeletethose are sad news, but he left an amazing legacy and you will always could listen to his music
ReplyDeleteI didn't knew about his existence until I read your entry. It's very sad that he passed away, but his legacy will continue on you because you admire him !
ReplyDeleteOh, that is really sad! I have never heard something about him or about his songs but I hope that he is better, wherever he is.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't expecting that news, it's sad especially because he had an emotional meaning for you, but you can still enjoy his music and your favorite songs of him.
ReplyDeleteWhat do the initials B. and J. stand for?
ReplyDeleteB. for Billy and J. for Joe...I was surprised myself after I learnt about it. Anyway, his name, both artistic and secular, will stand for a long while. Thanks for asking!
DeleteI didn't knew about him since now, is sad that he passed away. You always gonna have him music and the memories
ReplyDeleteSo sad to hear that he passed away. I did not know of his work until now, but I understand how you must feel, but you always will have his best music to hear forever!
ReplyDeleteOh that's sad news :c I looked up wikipedia and it said I had lung cancer. I want to hear a song by him, which one do you recommend?
ReplyDeletea big one went to the skies, or with the aliens, who knows
ReplyDeleteHe seemed like an excellent person and a great artist, how beautiful he has marked your story with your father. I am very sorry for his passing away.
ReplyDeleteEven though is sad that he passed away recently, you can always stay positive and think that his legacy is going to prevail throughout time.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know him, so I looked up a song and I'm sure I heard it in some romantic movie or somewhere you know...
ReplyDeleteIt's a shame he passed away, but their music is still alive:)
I didn't recognize him in the photo, but then I looked up for his music and remembered that I know him. Such a classic! i bet everybody have heard "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" once.
ReplyDeleteReally sad to hear that he passed away recently. Hoping it wasn´t related with covid and that his family are OK. We can only be greatfull for the great classics and the great memories that he left behind.
ReplyDeleteOne of the most beautiful things in life is share music, even more when is with family and friends. Regarding to his death, one of the things of this technological era, it's that we can listen music of almost all times thanks to the streaming. So in his memory go a listen to him!
ReplyDeleteExcuse my ignorance, but I have not yet heard her music. But I look forward to it. Seems she is a master of music. Great!
ReplyDeleteI remember that in the movie "Spider Man 2" the song Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by B. J. Thomas sounds while they show moments where Peter Parker goes about his daily life. As in that case, I hope that the music of that artist continues to appear in new works.
ReplyDelete