Hello again class!
This is our second post. This time, you will have to write about your dreamed work related to your career or studies. Please include the following topics:
- your dream job(s) when you were a child.
Some recommendations for the
post:
Number of words: 120 to 150. Font: Arial, Calibri. Size 12 – 14.
Make comments on three of your classmates’ posts plus a comment on your
teacher's post as well (you have 36 hours to do so).
As an English pedagogy undergraduate student, I wanted to work on
something related to my field. I dreamed all year long to get a position at a
travel agency guiding tourists throughout Valparaiso hills’. In the same way, I
also wished to get a job at the Pacific Terminal dock, where cruiser ships stopped
by with hundreds of travellers. I tried year after year, but I couldn’t make
it. On my final year at university, I end up translating some emails for a small
company. However, I always had the chance to teach people around me. I chose pedagogy because I enjoy seeing learners
learning. I didn’t try any other career as I didn’t aim to do anything else in
my life.


I´m happy that your experience at university was good. But I have a question: Was that before the pandemic?
ReplyDeleteI like that the image of a Chilean is someone with a "chuica"
ReplyDeleteI felt a little sad reading that you couldn't work in your dream job, but i am happy that you are a professor, regards.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's not too late to work at the travel agency!
ReplyDeleteI´m glad that you became a teacher, despites all the odds you´ve been through.
ReplyDeleteI think you would be a great teacher of Chilean Spanish. If that is your future job, you’ll help many people from different countries to feel more comfortable speaking Spanish in Chile.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you ended up being a teacher, Do you like your current job?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you became a teacher after all. Teaching is important and the feeling of seeing how people are learnig is great. You would be a excellent teacher of Chilean Spanish.
ReplyDeleteNice history! Have you at least been able to meet travelers? Or have you traveled and been one?
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy your blog! What´s the thing you like the most about Valparaiso?
ReplyDeleteI think is amazing that you choosed pedagogy. My both parent are teachers so i know it is a work that implies a lot of dedication, but also implies a lot of passion. And i can see you are really passionate about it, thats very cool!
ReplyDeleteHi! I think teach chilean spanish to foreigners is very interesting because chileans use many "chilenismos"
ReplyDeleteHi your blog was really interesting! I'm glad that you choosed pedagogy, It was so important to read about your vocation as a teacher. I hope that one day you will achieve your goal of teaching Chilean Spanish to foreigners!
ReplyDeleteI've heard that Chilean Spanish is difficult for native English speakers to understand, so trying to teach it seems like a good challenge.
ReplyDeleteSo you tried to work on your future field of work at the same time you were learning? Respect for that.
ReplyDeleteI think you would be a good teacher of chilean spanish, it has to be funny to explain our language
ReplyDeleteHi professor, I wonder, are you still translating for the small company?
ReplyDelete